Great Pacific Tofino Tour
The most exhilarating one and a half hour tour ever created from our Port Alberni Harbour base!
Departing Port Alberni the west route is used to wing our way over Sproat Lake, overflying the famous Martin Mars Flying Boats. Continuing west we pass Sproat Lake then we turn southwest at Sutton Pass overhead the Pacific Rim Highway and head for mighty Kennedy Lake, one of the largest volume fresh water lakes in British Columbia. We are now on course for Tofino Harbour, ‘the whale watching capital of the West Coast’. The sights are amazing, the beauty breathtaking. See that smile on your pilots face, we love it too.
After viewing the Tofino Township we turn lazily southward for an overflight of Tofino’s World War II airport, beaches and parks arriving overhead Long Beach, BC. Words seem diminished to describe the innate beauty of our west coast jewel, on the edge of Canada. After overflight of Long Beach and the bustling Sea-Lion Rocks, we proceed coastal to Ucluelet, former Flying Boat Base from the World War. Leaving ‘UKEE’ as its’ called locally, we enter Barkley Sound and overfly the Broken Group Islands. Depending on the customized options you have chosen for this tour, we turn for Alberni Inlet passing over Sechart Channel, past Haggard Cove, Kildonan, Sarita Bay enroute Port Alberni Harbour arriving overhead for a terrific view of our fair city followed by a lovely landing downtown. We’re sure you will enjoy this tour and come back to customize a new route next year!
Add-On Options to customize your flight
- Landing in Tofino, to explore town? $50 plus aircraft holding time.
- Side trip to visit Hot Springs Cove? Overfly or land and go soak in the Springs? Tariff rates apply.
- Hold position at any point in the tour to whale watch or more? Tariff rates apply.
- Land anywhere and hold the aircraft? Tariff rates apply.
- Alternate route available omitting Tofino/Long Beach with commensurate flying time available for whale watching over Barkley Sound or overfly the Canadian Edge towns of Bamfield, Anacia, Pachena Bay, the Canadian Coast Guard West Coast Lighthouses at Carmanah, Pachena or Cape Beale, and view part of the west coast hiking trail in the Pacific Rim National Park and more.
*Service Note. Complete fare is required to operate this tour. This rate based on our Cessna Aircraft seating up to 3 passengers Included. For larger groups please enquire.